Firstly, today is October. And guess what? It is my birth month! 5 days to wait before my birthday! whoooo. Sounds like a celebration, right? However, the big question here is, how am I going to celebrate my birthday this year?
I am making this birthday celebration tips to give you ideas on how to make your birthday meaningful and fruitful. When it comes to planning, we always tend to either overthink or not to think at all. In other words, sometimes we are undecided. So, I made this list that you will surely enjoy your birthday too.
We have our own traditions and rituals in terms of ways of celebrating birthdays. Birthdays often sieve us into two types: those that can’t wait and love to celebrate all month long, and those that would rather sit all day long and pass with little tucket.
In conclusion, birthdays shouldn’t be stressful. Therefore, a birthday doesn’t necessarily mean going out with a large group of friends. There is no need to get wasted. Honestly, I am not used to celebrating my birthdays with BIG parties in a luxury hotel or so on. However, I always make sure that my birthday is not a waste of time. That is to say, I don’t just sit, look at the clock, and wait for time to pass.
What to do on your birthday? I am enlisting here some essential and extraordinary ways to celebrate your birthday. Here are my usual routines for my birthday and the best ways not to empty your pocket during your birthday. Meanwhile, can’t wait to tell you my birthday to do list.
So, here are our top ways on how to celebrate your birthday…
- Eat your favorite food. Firstly, you deserve it! Grab your fork and spoon and eat your favorite food. Doing a diet? It is okay. I heard that the birthday celebrant is excuse during his birthday. Whooooo…
- Choose an extracurricular activity that you know they’ve been wanting to try. Want to try mountain climbing on the day of your birthday? How about to do scuba diving on your birthday? Anything will do. Just select the things you have been wanting to do and do them on your birthday. For example, go to wellness or spa, you can go to the beach or even shopping. In addition, maybe a bonfire with friends at night will do too. Bring some stuff, set up the music, grill some marshmallows, and dance around the fire with your friends and family.
- Give yourself a gift. A small gift is fine. In other words, it is not necessary to buy a house and lot. However, a small token for yourself is a very good reward for having finished another year of happiness. Merit yourself.
- Share your day away! There is no need to give a physical gift. Your time and presence maybe are enough – to someone you love, to a charity, or whatever you wish to be with! That is to say, make your day a gift to others.
- Hand a gift to someone. It is better to give than to receive, we always say that. We all know it feels so better to give than receive, so why not give gifts to others on your birthdays? Consider starting with your mother. Your mother who sacrificed her life just for you.
- Grant someone’s wish. We know that it is your birthday. However, how fulfilling it is to see other people happy too, right? Don’t be selfish. Share your blessing not only during Christmas but also during your birthday.
- Laugh as loud as you can. Do something that makes you laugh with pleasure! Laughter feels good and is good for you. There is nothing wrong with laughing. Your birthday is your day. In the same vein, feel free to shout! At least a shout that doesn’t bother other people.
- Spend time with someone you truly love. This might overlap with a couple of other ideas on the list – but that’s fine. What could make for a better day than spending time with those you care about and who care about you the most?
- Reflect on the previous year. Your birthday is a milestone. So, it can be a great day to review your results and actions of the past year to see how you have done and determine what is working – and what isn’t! Therefore, assess yourself. Know the things you have done which shouldn’t be done this year. Similarly, think of your dirty and nasty habits. It is time to list down the things you don’t like to repeat and happen again.
- Make a snapchat. Today is your day and it should be memorable. Challenge yourself to make memories today that will last a lifetime. This doesn’t mean taking photos and save them on your drive. You can do something valuable and indelible.
- Set new goals. Today is a perfect day to look forward, to project into the future, to set goals for your next twelve months. If you don’t have written goals, today is a perfect day to commence writing them. Grab a pen and paper and list down the thing you would like to do, to achieve, to get, and to have for your next 12 months on earth.
- Attend a Mass. Whatever your religion is, at least thank God for creating you. Attend some religious masses. Busy and can’t attend a mass? A prayer will be fine.
To sum up, make your birthday extraordinary. These are just some ideas that I would like you to experience. I know it is not a long list. However, they are all worth it. Most importantly, follow your heart and be happy during your birthday.
Moreover, during your birthday, there is no need to dry out your bank. That is to say, no need to spend hundreds of thousand dollars. Always remember the real essence of the birthday. You are celebrating your birthday to welcome yourself for the new year of life.
We should always try to search for something significant and beautiful in our lives. We often depend on other people (family, friends), so this one day in the year should be a special treat! I have plenty of friends who don’t celebrate their birthdays. On the other hand, some of my friends tend to spend thousands of dollars to celebrate their birthdays just to show off. It’s sad, isn’t it?
A simple and yet meaningful birthday is always the best. So, following this list on how to celebrate your birthday will surely make you a better person too.
Above all, we only have one birthday in a year. So, make the best out of it.
Ooppsss… Before we end, we’d love to celebrate your birthday in the future. Tell us more about yourself, including your birthday here and we’ll help you celebrate!
Hi! It’s me! I am a hospitality professional and a part-time blogger! I am a travel dreamer and world conqueror based in Rome, Italy.